Double Certified! 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Certification & Balanced Athlete Certification
Whether your intention is to teach or just deepen your personal practice, the Lexington Power Yoga 200 hour teacher training program is designed in a way that encourages an authentic exploration and genuine understanding of yoga through critical analysis and direct experience. Together, we’ll witness the emergence of smart and confident teachers as well as wise and thoughtful practitioners.
This training will push you out of your comfort zone. You’ll have the opportunity to practice more deeply, explore yoga breath work (pranayama), practice meditation, and learn how to speak confidently in front of a class. We’ll explore what is happening anatomically when we ask students to move in and out of specific poses, injury modification, and how to teach to an ‘all levels’ group of students.
You’ll emerge with a deeper, more comprehensive understanding of yoga and how the yoga industry impacts the history and practice of yoga.
The training includes a Balanced Athlete Certification with founder, Johnny Gillespie. For the first time ever we will also be seeing traveling guests such as Alexandria Crow, creator of Yoga Physics. Alex’s unique perspective has revolutionized how we think about certain poses. Jacqui Bonwell will demystify the Yoga Sutras and the Chakras in a way that feels accessible. You’ll be learning from the best, the people who are helping to shape the yoga industry throughout the country.
The LPY training is unique in that it offers support and mentoring well after your certification is complete. As you go out into the yoga world and begin to navigate the business of teaching public classes, we’ll be there to support you.
The program’s lead teacher, Lorraine Shedoudi, has over 10 years of teaching experience. In her time at LPY, she has personally overseen the graduation of 7 groups of teacher trainees. Her commitment to continued education and her ability to share what she has learned makes for smarter, stronger and more well-rounded yoga teachers.
Along side Lorraine, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from experienced and versatile lead teachers and mentors, Linda Spolidoro and Tina Adoniou, who bring their own expertise, years of practical teaching experience, and their own unique perspectives. Together, with this powerful staff you’ll be supported, encouraged, and eager to learn more.
What sets the LPY Teacher Training apart from other 200 hour trainings in New England is the fact that LPY is the ONLY program that not only provides you with a certification from Yoga Alliance but also a Balanced Athlete Certification from Johnny Gillespie. This is a Double Certification; 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Certification & Balanced Athlete Certification.
Learn how to teach a safe & effective vinyasa class:
• Basics of language, postures & cuing
• Workshop: Breaking down the vinyasa
• down dog, high to low pushup, updog, cobra, high pushup variations.
• Learning a safe effective class structure
• Opening of a class/Integration
• Suns series
• External hip postures
• Internal hip postures
• Balance postures
• Core work
• Prone and back back bending
• Winddown & closing savasana
Understand anatomy, alignment & functional movement in yoga
• Anatomy level 1 – Anatomical Lines & Landmarks: The basics of how to keep
• Boney markers of the body
• Lines of the body
• Anatomy of hips, hamstrings, quads (full legs) & common injury/prevention
• Anatomy of shoulders & common injury/prevention
• Anatomy of back & common injury/prevention
• Alignment & energetics of flowing postures
• Internal postures, twisting w/o overworking/overstretching at the SI joint
• Forward folds, modifications for overstretched hamstrings, discuss over
Learn how to sequence your own safe & effective vinyasa class:
• Sequencing I
• Sequencing of internals vs. external postures
• Sequencing w/ offered modifications
• Basics of effective/safe sequencing/yoga anatomy
• Sequencing II
• Understanding how to teach different types of classes w/effective
• Corporate, prenatal, seniors yoga, etc…
• Time Management, learn to teach 45 minute, 60 minute, 75 minute, 90
• Sequencing to advanced postures (and what that really means)
• Building internal sequences to create stability
• Building all sequences to create more stability
The Art of Assisting
• Learn to use your words as your biggest assister
• Basic hands on assets for safe alignment
• How has assisting philosophy changed - Less is more.
• Getting students to notice subtle movements
Concepts to elevate your classes
• Pranayama techniques and how to teach
• Meditation techniques and how to teach
• The energetics of the Chakras
• Yoga as a spiritual practice
• History and Philosophy
• Eight Limbs of Yoga
• Teaching yoga to music
• Self Care for you as a teacher
• Building a business as a yoga teacher
• Overview & understanding of:
• Restorative yoga
• Yoga Nidra
• Prenatal yoga
• Corporate yoga
Total Cost: $2800
*pay in full by 9/7/18 for the early bird price of $2600 (save $200)
*$550 deposit due with application
MUST SIGN UP by 9/10/18
TT Hours and Dates:
Each weekend listed below we meet on Friday 6pm-9pm,
Saturday and Sunday 12:30-8:30pm
Weekend #1- September 20-22
Weekend #2- October 12-14
Weekend #3- November 2-4
Weekend #4- November 30-December 2
Weekend #5-December 14-16
Weekend #6- January 4-6
Weekend #7- January 25-27
Weekend #8 February 8-10
Weekend #9 March 8-10
Weekend #10 April 5-7 GRADUATION WEEKEND
Teachers will include:
Lorraine Shedoudi, Linda Spolidoro, Tina Adoniou, Jillian McDonough, Michael Mann, Michelle Brenes, Emily Griffin, Jen Murray